About Our Practice
The Buffalo Spine and Sports Medicine team consists of dedicated physicians, physician assistants, physical therapists, a chiropractor, and a professional support staff who work collaboratively in making it one of the largest physical medicine and rehabilitation practice in Western New York. Our expert clinicians help patients understand their condition and the treatment options necessary to achieve their goals and take back their lifestyles. Based in the Buffalo, NY area, we take pride in helping patients throughout Williamsville, Orchard Park, Amherst, NY, and the surrounding areas. Contact our offices today to learn more about our physical therapy and chiropractic care solutions, or to schedule a consultation!
History of Buffalo Spine and Sports Medicine
The genesis of Buffalo Spine and Sports Medicine began with the founders, Dr. Frederick B. McAdam and Dr. Michael C. Geraci, who had a common interest in treating low back pain and other musculoskeletal disorders while they were still residents in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the University at Buffalo School of Medicine in 1986. During residency, they developed a musculoskeletal clinic at the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Buffalo. They both stayed on as attendings in the department of Rehabilitation Medicine at the Erie County Medical Center where they also created an outpatient musculoskeletal clinic. After a year of mostly inpatient work, they wanted to devote themselves full time to outpatient musculoskeletal medicine. So in 1989, they established the first outpatient physiatric practice in Buffalo, with their first office on Wehrle Drive near Harlem Road. Continue reading...
What We’re About
The health care providers at Buffalo Spine and Sports believe that all people are masters of their own destiny and are masters of their bodies. We believe that “movement is life” and “life is movement” and that through corrective movement many problems that arise in the spine and joints can be alleviated and normal motion can be restored.
Whether it is through the careful and methodical supervision of a physical therapist, the healing hands of a chiropractor, or through the insightful and gentle guidance of a therapeutic yoga instructor, Buffalo Spine and Sports providers aim to improve peoples’ lives and help them take back their life and lifestyle.
What We Treat
Treatment areas include: back, neck, shoulders, elbows, hands, hips, pelvis, knees, ankles and feet and more.
- Spine injuries/conditions
- Sports injuries
- Occupational injuries
- Chronic tendon pain
- Degenerative and painful joint/muscle conditions
- Woman-specific musculoskeletal conditions
- Chronic migraine headaches
- Spasticity/Dystonia conditions
- Nerve entrapment syndromes
- Nationally-recognized, non-surgical Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) practice for all generations
- Treatment ranges from musculoskeletal to spine injury rehabilitation
- Commitment to shared decision-making and coordinated care
- Emphasis on performance enhancement and functional improvement
- Utilizes electrodiagnostic testing and ultrasound visualization
- We place a strong emphasis on the role of the medical exam and medical history in evaluating patients, focusing on function.
- Pain management injections performed with imaging guidance